Monday, February 20, 2012

Getting a little Crafty.....

Happy Presidents Day! We have off today and I have spent it painting Megan's room, driving to order Justin's cap & gown and Graduation Announcement. (I waited till the last day to order) Now I am posting this and then I am going to take a little nap and then fix dinner and work on my Project Life week 7 spread for tomorrow. I just wanted to pop in and show you what I made this past week.


Last week was Christy Thomlinson's new workshop "A Gilded Valentine" with Shea from the blog "A Gilded Life". I had taken Christy's 'She Art' workshop last Spring and loved it. So in this workshop on Day's 1-3 Shea teaches you how to make a beautiful heart pillow, a glittered Eiffel tower and a beautiful bracelet, then on Day 4 Christy walks you through making a wonderful canvas.

The canvas is 12 x 12 (Christy uses a 10 x 10), that you cover with paper and then do a lot of texturizing and use rub-ons then do some doodling on it. You also make 4 separate hearts to go on the canvas. I had a lot of fun making this and getting messy and creative again. Here is my canvas:













The top left heart is covered in Sticky Back Canvas, the top right is layered lace and ribbon, the bottom left is rolled paper with paint, lace and bubbles and the lower right is covered in buttons. I love how it turned out and I love the quilt look that it has since I love to quilt also. Now I have to hang it somewhere.


Great place to find Mixed Media items is Christy's shop Scarlet Lime.

Supplies Listed below (click on Image)-


InLinkz.com


Have a great Sunday.


signature

1 comment:

Julia said...

I love your Valentine canvas! It is beautiful!